Review your classes
To print scanforms for tests, we look at the subject and grade of the test and pull all students scheduled in a class with the same subject and grade. For example, if a test has a subject and grade of MA:03, scanforms will print for all students scheduled in a class that has a subject and grade of MA:03.
- Click the 'classes' tab.
- Remove any text in the 'search' box.
- Set the drop-down menus in the top right corner to show:
- Find classes I teach
- For any subject
- For any grade
- Note the subject and grade of your class or classes.
- If no classes appear you need to add your classes here: classes->add your classes.
Adjust the subject and grade of a test
- After clicking the 'Edit' button on the test search page, click the pencil icon to adjust the subject and grade of the test.
- Find the test you need scanforms for and click the "Print scan forms" button on the report.
To assure scanforms are processed properly, please observe the following:
- Make sure your scanner is clean and your printer has a fresh ink cartridge.
- Scan forms MUST be scanned with the size setting of 'Letter' (8.5" x 11").
- Grayscale works best because color scanning generates really large file which may take awhile to send through your email system.
- Your scanner should be set to at least 200 DPI.
- The barcodes and three orientation circles are necessary and must be unaltered and clear when sent to us, encourage students to leave them alone completely.
- Bubbles must be filled in completely.
- Checks, Xs, or incomplete circles may not be read.
- Multiple bubbles for one question will not be read.
- If multiple marks are detected then the answer will not be scored at all (same scoring as skipping a question).
Email your completed scan forms to email@example.com.
Many all-in-one scanners/copiers/printers have a scan-to-email function that will scan directly to firstname.lastname@example.org automating the process in your schools. You do not need to purchase any additional scanning software.
You can also scan in all the scanforms and save them as a pdf (or JPG) and attach the pdf to an email and send the email to email@example.com.
Triand will automatically grade the scansheets within minutes of receiving the email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the report to see students' scores.
If your school/district has a limit to how big emails can be that are sent, you may want to FTP your scanforms.
You can anonymously FTP your scan forms to: ftp.hostedftp.com
Your initial login directory should be: ~triand/scans/
Every three minutes we pull all files in this directory and process them as if you had emailed them directly to email@example.com